XSL-list name discrimination!

My posts to the XSL-list seem to take an amazingly long
time to make the round-trip back to me, and I think the
cause might be my name!

As a case in point consider the recent thread called
"Standalone Attributes" started by Carlson Thor. According
to my browser he sent it at 9:12 am EDT. I received at
10:27 EDT, where the holdup appears to have been half an
hour with majordomo@mulberry.tech and a whole hour at
web1-1.ability.net.

While the message was in transit, Michael Kay and Ben Robb
both replied to the original post - of course I didn't see
these posts until 10:53 and 10:57 respectively, although
they were sent at 9:35 and 9:19 (yes somehow the order got
switched).

In short, I never stood a chance.

Is anyone else experiencing these delays? What's with the
web1-1.ability.net intermediary? Can we have some kind of
random mailing order on the list so that those disadvantaged by
our parent's taste can have the prestige that goes with
the first reply? Maybe I've got it all wrong and majordomo
sends out posts based on the order in which people signed
up - I had to unsuscribe and resuscribe recently.

In the meantime, I'm considering changing my name by
deedpoll to Aardvark. Has a nice ring to it.

--
Warren Hedley