Turning off file:// in XSL-List Postings with Outlook Express

This is not strictly-speaking an XSLT question, but I bet
a good number of folks out there (including me) on XSL-List
will benefit by the answer if someone knows it.

Everytime I receive a mail with some XPath expressions in
it from XSL-List, my Outlook Express mail reader happily
displays each occurrence of "double-slash" followed by a
word as a file:// url

So "//foo" (when typed without quotes around it)
is shown as "file://foo"

Has anyone figured out how to turn off this amazingly
annoying feature?