RE: Another question on ÄäÖöÜü

Thanks, David and Eric.
I downloaded Mike Kay's Instant-Saxon, changed
the output encoding to iso-8859-1, and Bob's now my uncle.
That solves my problem but still puzzles me:

> Either set your browser to use utf8 or specify that you want the XML
> output by XSL to be in latin1, by using <xsl:output
> encoding="iso-8859-1">
> However xt doesn't support changing the output encoding for the xml
> method. You could use saxon for instance that does support this.

XT is correct in supporting utf-8 only, this is the only requirement
in terms of XML encoding for XSLT engines (I remember reading somewhere).
If I need another encoding for German characters, does that not indicate
an anomaly in the requirement?

Thanks again,
Marc