RE: Usage of older XSL version

You misread the spec, it says that the role property "is used by ALL
formatting objects that CAN BE CONTAINED IN fo:flow or fo:static-content."
It is allowed on fo:inline-container, however, you probably want to use
fo:wrapper (it is a closer semantic to the old inline-sequence) or you
could put the role property directly on fo:block, fo:list-item, etc. since
you are tagging "paragraph styles".

The use of role is for exactly what you desire, to preserve the semantic
identity of the source node (Kop-1/-2). If you search the March-27 spec for
"role" you will find several examples.

At 12:27 2000-05-15 +0200, you wrote:
>Still pondering..
>
>The use of 'fo:inline-container' togeter with 'role' does not apear in the
>documentation, 'role' can only be used in 'fo:flow' or 'fo:static-content'.
>'fo:static-content' is sertainly not allowed so i'll would use 'fo:flow',
>like the code below
>
><xsl:stylesheet>
>  <xsl:template match="Kop">
>    <fo:flow role="Kop 1">
>    </fo:flow>
>  </xsl:template>
>  <xsl:template match="identificatie">
>    <fo:flow role="Kop 2">
>    </fo:flow>
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>"Kop 1" and "Kop 2" are the styles in Word ("Heading 1" and "Heading 2" in
>the english version)
>
>Still questioning my pshycological state ? Please enlighten me.
>
>greets,
>
>Ivar Snaaijer

This e-mail reflects the personal opinion of the author.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
 -- Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
    official opinion of the W3C XSL Working group.
  Stephen Deach                            |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)                    |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                       |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@adobe.com (no ads)                |  345 Park Ave