RE: Outstanding Argument!

:At 12:07 PM 5/9/00 -0400, Eddy wrote:
:>Granted on that situation but consider the following if you
:>will.
:>
:>(I Know out of scope)
:>DTD
:><!ELMENT A (#PCDATA)>
:><!ATTLIST A
:>	a	(David|XSL|David/XSL)  #IMPLIED >
:
:Enumerated attribute values in the DTD must follow the rules of Nmtoken
:tokens (cf. production 59, XML 3.3.1). The "/" is not allowed
:in Nmtokens.
:But much or most XSL processing does not validate against a
:DTD first, and
:will parse it with no problems (not even being aware that the
:value must be
:one of those enumerated).
:
:So Eddy, the answer to your question is, "it depends on the
:context." You
:are correct, the declaration in the DTD above isn't legal.
Thank you, I feel vindicated. Do you know specifically where
I could find this in the W3C I looked in the XML document and
get some cryptic information about attributes and their values
but, cannot find where it actually says that "/" is invalid
in that situation.

:It's one of those cases where the phrasing and completeness of
:the question
:is very important. And (like the other DTD thread) another
:question that
:would've been very good for XML-L. Oh well.
Well, I didn't know there was an XML-L is that part of
mulberrytech as well?

:
:--Wendell
:
:
:======================================================================
:Wendell Piez                            mailto:wapiez@mulberrytech.com
:Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                http://www.mulberrytech.com
:17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
:Suite 207                                          Phone: 301/315-9631
:Rockville, MD  20850                                 Fax: 301/315-8285
:  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML
:
:
: