RE: DTD Files !

:This isn't an XSL question but I'll answer it anyway.
:
:I very rarely use DTDs because (a) they can only do half the
:validation, the
:rest needs to be done in the application (b) it's easier to write the
:validation rules in XSLT (c) I don't want to validate the
:document every
:time I read it, I only want to do it once (d) by controlling
:validation from
:the application, you avoid the messy problem of a document
:that references a
:different DTD from the one you want to validate it against.
:
:Others will disagree with me!
:
:Mike Kay

Although if you wanted to restrict the xml author to a certain
schema, you really could not do it without the DTD. One example
would be a large organization.  You want all people to follow a
certain schema, then tell them what DTD to use.
Nice book Mike!

Eddy