glossary

I have a monthly report with a  <glossary> element
as in:
<report>
  <sect>
  </sect>
   <glossary>
   </glossary>
</report>

I'm being asked if I can 'minimise' the glossary each
month to those acronyms 'used' in this months report.

The team secretary obviously doesn't want to
have to strip out unused ones, add (again) those
used two months ago.

Is it possible to generate as part of an output xml file
only those gloss entries which are contained in the report
(but not in the input glossary), to 'reduce' the max'd out gloss
to a 'used' glossary? Sounds feasible, but I'm unsure how
it might look.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Regards, DveP