Re: Copyright symbol in FOP

> > I posted a similar question yesterday about getting some characters for
> > French to display.  Now I need to find a copyright symbol.  Is there a list
> > somewhere that explains special characters  and their corresponding codes
> > (ie. &#160 = space, &amp = &)?
>
> Numeric character references are derived from the code values in ISO
> 10646-1:1993 as prescribed by the XML 1.0 Recommendation, but you would do
> better to obtain a relatively affordable copy of The Unicode Standard
> Version 3.0, which is a printed book available through Amazon or any other
> computer book shop.

You may also consult HTML 4.0 spec, http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40 .
Chapter 24 defines entities for most common characters and lists their UCS-2
codes. I am used to insert these into my XML documents as external parametric
entities. But be careful: MSXML chokes on external entities in DTD, so you
won't be able to browse your XML source code with IE5 any more, or parse
it with Microsoft tools.

(Another topic is whether FOP can handle any of these symbols; this should
be asked to FOP-dev list).

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX