RE: The XSL-List Digest V2 #608 Entities.

Thanks David. Quite a revelation (to me).

Just checking if I understand:

I'm processing a source document (file1)which
has its doctype, entities defined etc.
  Mid stream I use a document() to retrieve and
process another xml file (file2)
The doctype, local entities I have defined for
file1 are completely dissociate from those of
file2. Am I right in this? And any entities I
define within the stylesheet, they are only
'valid for use' within the stylesheet?
so on this basis I have 3 document structures,
file1 file2 and the stylesheet, each with its
own, non-overlapping set of entity definitions.

Mmmm.

Fascinating.
Regards, DaveP

Thanks also to Rick G for his later reply.
I 'couldn't' do as suggested, since I was using
the main input file simply as an 'index' into
the others whose root I was ignoring. It is defined
in that file.