How do I generate a hanging indent?

Hi all,

I have just started with XSLT and now I'm struggling with generating
user-defined lists (e.g. (1), (2), (3)...) (maybe not the best thing to
start with XSLT? :-))
I probably can use XSL:number to generate the numbering and put the
parentheses before and after but how do I generate the hanging indent for
list entries with more than one line?

I have set for the list entries the margin-left to 1.5pc and the first line
to text-indent: -1.5pc but I need an additional (relative) space between
the list symbol and the following text.
I have tried to use the 	 for generating a tab but this doesn't have an
effect on the output at all (I'm using XT on WinNT)

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Sandra

Sandra Rudolph
SPX Valley Forge T.I.S.