RE: The XSL-List Digest V2 #582

	>Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:04:56 +0200
	>From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@baan.nl>
	>Subject: RE: Is it time for an XSLT-list?
	>
	>> I wonder if it's time for those of us who aren't interested
	>> in IE5 1998 XSL
	>> to take ourselves off to a new XSLT-list, where hopefully
	>> these people won't
	>> find us?
	>
	>I wonder if that's a good solution; it would be like fleeing and
going in
	>hiding, wouldn't it? Also, it would be a shame if XSLT-beginners,
who may
	>innocently be using IE5 and thinking they're dealing with XSLT, and
who may
	>be ready to switch to a better XSLT processor when we advise them
to, would
	>not be able to find us. I understand and share your frustration,
though.

	>Maybe a not-so-bad idea would be is to have a standard reply for
people
	>using ie5-xsl, along the lines of
	<snip>

	That message should be sent out to new subscribers, and perhaps sent
once to every one on the list (as a seperate message for those of us who
receive it as a digest).

	It might also include some of the list etiquette issues which keep
cropping up i.e.:
	1. No attachments
	2. Send as plain text, not HTML
	3. Trim the quoted text in your responses & and none of the "he
said, she said" format.