Re: probably a stupid question

At 02:21 PM 3/7/2000 -0500, Carole E. Mah wrote:
>On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, David Carlisle wrote:
> > well it looks like css so I'd guess your input document has a <style>
> > element containing that css, and your stylesheet does not specify a
> > template for "style" so you get the default template which gives you the
> > character data.
>
>No, none of my input documents have any <style> elements in them -- that
>is why I am so very puzzled, and why I posted the question -- the css
>seems to have been generated from nowhere!

I'm sure you thought of this, but just in case: No includes/imports going
on, are there? No external entities referenced in any of the documents? Are
you using the document() function to reference more than one source tree?
If so, can you narrow the scope of the problem by successively removing
document() calls until the CSS stops appearing?

We *know* it's not being generated from nowhere -- I might believe some
bizarre combination of conditions leading to one XSLT processor's doing
this unbidden, but not two or more. :)  So... if the CSS is not being
placed in the result tree by your XSLT, it's got to be originating from the
source(s).