Re: probably a stupid question

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> writes:

> > Any idea
>
> well it looks like css so I'd guess your input document has a <style>
> element containing that css, and your stylesheet does not specify a
> template for "style" so you get the default template which gives you the
> character data.

This is exactly why I always override the default template to generate
errors.  So if I forget to specifically deal with an element, I get an
error instead of unexpected output.  Of course you can only do that if
you know exactly what set of tags you are going to get in the input.
If you have a large set of tags and most of them should use the
default template this can also be annoying to implement because you
need a long match attribute.  There are situations however where the
time you spend for setting this up pays for itself: customers are
rarely happy when they get random data because you forgot to deal with
an element.

	Regards,
	ldd