Re: XSLT vs Omnimark

James Robertson writes:
 > Well, from where I stand:
 >
 > * XSLT is becomming pretty common, so many
 >    people understand it.
 >
 > * Omnimark is much more powerful, and extensible.

since both are extensible, hard to see how one can be more powerful
than the other....

 > * Omnimark has regular expressions, which are vital
 >    for almost all real-world work. It also has
 >    much cleaner handling of multiple files, data
 >    structures, etc.

I think I might disagree there. the fact that XSLT forces you to use
XML as your data structure for *everything* is a good clean thing

 > * Both have strange, bizzare syntaxes.
the syntax of XSLT is XML. bizarre semantics, maybe, but the syntax is
a doddle

 > * Both are free.
but only one has multiple implementations

 > * Omnimark can easily handle 100+ meg documents
 >    without requiring unreasonable amounts of RAM.
and can it _sort_ that 100 megabyte document?

sebastian