Re: XT Extension functions

Eric,
I saw the mappings between XSLT and Java in the documentation, but finding
methods to call on a ResultTreeFragment object is tough (or it is Friday of a
very long week).  This is once I guess as to what is passed in.  From your
suggestion, am I correct that stack would become a NoteIterator then?  That
would solve it.  Something to try.

I'm interested in the UG (must have missed your previous email) even if only a
few of us.

Cheers!
Larry

Types are mapped between XSLT and Java as follows:

 XSLT type              Java type
 string                 java.lang.String
 number                 double
 boolean                boolean
 node-set               com.jclark.xsl.om.NodeIterator
 result tree fragment   com.jclark.xsl.sax.ResultTreeFragment

A result tree fragment is nothing but a result tree fragment ;=)

To get the value, you'll have to parse it through sax events.

An easier way, if you can do it, would be to change your XSL to
something like :

<xsl:param name="stacked" select="'0'"/> where you should have some
influence on the type...

> Is there any really good documentation and examples on how this stuff works?

I am still looking for these XT specific resources and still thinking
some kind of XT users group would be welcome even if I got very few
answers the last time I have submitted the idea :=(

> TIA,
> Larry Mason
>
> (using Nov 1999 version of XT)

Hope this helps