Re: breaking up <tags> is hard to do

I think my message was misunderstood.  I was probably not very
clear.  Please let me try again --

I'm not trying to creating the tree

 <TABLE>
 <TR></TR>
     <TD>row1, cell1</TD>
     <TD>row1, cell2</TD>
 <TR></TR>
     <TD>row2, cell1</TD>
     <TD>row2, cell2</TD>
 </TABLE>

I'm saying that this is the output that Saxon generates (using the
HTML method) when the stylesheet includes empty TR elements, e.g.
<TR />.  Of course, this isn't valid XML or HTML, but both IE and
Netscape are very forgiving and don't choke on it.  Instead they
both render a perfectly good table.  Exploiting this 'loophole' is
one possible solution to the problem of needing to conditionally
output '</TR>'.

--
perry