Re: Sum() function

I think you must just have ill-formed XML. Your
stylesheet looks ok.

Given:

<report>
  <tranxs>
    <tranx cccf="N" amt="1"/>
    <tranx cccf="Y" amt="2"/>
    <tranx cccf="N" amt="3"/>
    <tranx cccf="Y" amt="4"/>
  </tranxs>
 </report>

and:

<foo xsl:version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
  <xsl:for-each select="report">
    <xsl:value-of select="sum(tranxs/tranx[@cccf = 'N']/@amt)"/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</foo>

I get:

<foo>4</foo>

which is the sum of 1 and 3.
Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team