Re: Uppercase

At 01:06 PM 2/18/2000 +0000, Marta Lobato wrote:
>The problem is with lowercase and uppercase.
>As I am comparing the initial of one keyword
>and the following one, when it is X and x it
>return as different initials and it outputs it,
>when in fact they are the same.  So I get a shortcut
>like:
>
>    23aAabBcCc....

If I understand what you want to do, this is a classic problem. The
solution I usually use is to be absolutely certain that the string being
sought and the text in which I'm seeking it are the same case. You can do
this internally to your XSLT stylesheet, without actually having to change
the case of the source document. Look at the XSLT translate() function and
I think it will help.

John E. Simpson
simpson@polaris.net