Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject x] [Author Index] [Thread Index] /tr>
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread&nbext]

Hi,

I saw today several times the following construct:
<xsl:variable name="foo" select="document('http://remoteserver/file.xml')"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$foo/path/to/some/nodes"/>

Is ecause the XSLT engine used has some limitations? different
interpretation of the recommendations? if some engines cannot rue
example below, it would be interest to know which ones.

On XT you can do:
<xsl:variable name="foo"
select="document('<REF="http://remoteserver/file.xml">http://remoteserver/file.xml')/path/to/some/nodes"/>

My own interpretation of theommendations is that the last construct is
OK since document() is an Xpath function and can therefore be part of a
step. So, first step (i.e. document() ) parses and build a node set,
tThen all the other subsequent steps navigate into this node set used, as well, the following construct in XT:
<xsl:apply-template
select="document('http://www.netfr.com