Re: JavaScript

> David:

> What is your recommended solution to the original question? The <!-- and -->
> ultimately need to be rendered into the HTML for browsers that do not
> support JavaScript.

You have to remember that I am by training and temperament a pure
mathematician, so I'm a lot happier pointing out failure to conform to a
spec than I am providing real world solutions...

but putting it in an external file is good, and there was somewhere
posted on one of the newsgroups recently a horrible mixture of sgml and
javascript comment syntax that was claimed to do the right thing in all
circumstances. I had a quick look just now in dejanews and failed to
spot it.

Also of course just doing as suggested and putting it in a comment
does work in the current set of browsers, as long as you don't use --
However much I grumble that a comment is a comment and may be ignored.

David