Hyphens in XSLT element names

Hi

Sorry if this appears to be a repeat from a week ago but that post
didn't show up in my mailbox. Also apologies if this looks like a
cross-post, because I did start a thread in a similar vein (Hyphens
vs underscores in element names) on XML-DEV on 26 Jan.

In that post, I mentioned that our FieldML development team was
arguing over whether we should use hyphens or underscores as separators
in our element and attribute names (we eliminated firstCaps and
runtogether). I also included a small survey of W3C-endorsed XML
applications, and noticed that apart from legacy apps like XHTML >:-),
the W3C seems to be moving towards hyphens.

Unfortunately the replies to my XML-DEV post were almost unanimous
in their support of underscores. So, I was hoping one of the XSLT
authors/contributors could tell me why they chose to use hyphens in
their element names?

--
Warren Hedley
Department of Engineering Science