Re: How long was *that* there, I wonder?

mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

because I thought it was obvious what it did.  You call it
with coordinates and a parameter 1 to set a bit, and you call it with
coordinates and a parameter 0 to clear a bit.  Right?

One would think.

I'm not sure of the moral of the story - maybe "It's a good idea to trace
down into those low-level functions once in a while".  For such a simple
bug, this one soaked up a lot of debugging hours.

Well, I'm glad you caught and fixed your bug. There is still something nasty lurking in my modified 'see_cell' code, and I still haven't caught it.