Re: GIS Update [Was: Re: Progress with ParaGUI]

D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:

There is going to be a delay. I just had a rather serious mishap with
the uninstaller. Don't ask.

That's the worst! :)

Well, if I had shipped the installer without testing the uninstaller, then things could have been much worse. There would have been a lynch mob formed out of any MinGW32 users who had used the uninstaller.

I copied the installer script that I made for Xconq, and edited it for ParaGUI. Problem is that I forgot to remove:
RMDir /r $INSTPATH
and with the ParaGUI installer, the default install path is "C:\MinGW" rather than, say, "C:\Program Files\Xconq".

Fortunately, I still had all the installer and tarballs for my MinGW32 installation on hand, and so I was able to reverse the damage in about 45 minutes after the "incident". But then, I decided to go to bed.

Here's the original landcover image I'm working with (review again):

http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/grass_tutorial/screen12.jpg

Here's what I have currently in Xconq:

http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/gis_to_xconq.jpg

That definitely looks like progress. Good work.

It's important to note that the Xconq map was automatically created exclusively with my script.

This is good.

Kind of like an Xconq map vending machine.

:-)

Documentation/script here (edit the page text to have the script display correctly):

http://wiki.xconqgis.org/admin.php?CreatingTerrainScript

FYI, it is asking for an username/password. Might make things difficult to view for those who don't have edit privs....

  Regards,