Re: New Proposed Xconq Web Site Online

You may view the new websit here:

http://www.xconq.org

It looks generally good. I think the search box might be better placed in the sidebar though, and the big otherwise empty mustardy band up top eliminated.

Also, I notice that even with all the language options available there's not one for Esperanto. An Esperanto interface might just be the draw we need to attract the hordes of Esperanto Diplomacy players:

http://members.tripod.com/~jcst/Diplomatio/

:)

Actually, as I look deeper, it makes me wonder how much control do you have over the placement of the sidebars with PHP-Nuke... My own PHP-Nuke experience is zero (I use mostly Zope / CMF / Plone). At first blush I confess I didn't even notice the left hand side one because my browser window wasn't open wide enough. Most of the stories seem to be pretty short (just 1 - 4 lines within the display anyway) so perhaps there could be some width adjustments made there (or even both the sidebars combined into one as there are enough stories to support the length). Granted, some people run browser windows in full-screen mode, but not everyone does. The flexibility to support somewhat narrower displays without mandatory horizontal scrolling would be a definite bonus.

Since the second sidebar also has a search box, it makes even more sense to me to remove the top search box.

Finally, does PHP-Nuke support easy RSS output of news stories? There's some mention of it down the bottom being provided by some additional products. It would be nice if it were easy to do. If not, oh well.

Anyhow, just a few random thoughts meant to be constructive, not negative. On the whole it's excellent work and it's good to see an updated site.