Feature Request: Advance Prohibits Advance

As it stands, there's no way to simulate different
tech paths.  I'd like to have a way to shut off
advances if certain advances are researched, so that
sides can choose different directions to take.  For
example, if we have two spacefaring societies, we can
have two techs, one being Ground War Focus and the
other Stellar War Focus.  The side that pics Ground
War Focus spends less on developing AT-ATs and
Battlemechs and more for its Cordships and A-Wing
Starfighters while the other side has to pay extra to
develop its hovertanks but manages to design
galaxy-class starships and battlestars at a faster
rate.