Re: Bugs in SDL interface

> Though I share your (and Elijah's) enthusiasm for SDL interface, I
> have to point out one thing in all honesty: the speed increase that
> you now perceive is mostly illusion. By this I mean that most of the
> CPU cycles in the Mac and tcltk versions of Xconq are spent in the
> hit-unit animations.

I can confirm the observation of Lincoln Peters that there is
something going on besides hit-unit animations.

I have an xconq which is just waiting for me to move.  It is taking
90%+ of the CPU.  I suppose this could be the "crawling ants"
animation for the current unit.  But there are probably less
CPU-intensive ways of doing animation.

Even stranger, xconq still uses that much CPU when I minimize the
window.