Re: Three thoughts

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Elijah Meeks wrote:

> Another thing to think about is the opening screen,
> which relates especially to Eric's game-image feature.

I think Hans might have done that, actually.

> *This, like Eric's items, would be fixed by an
> occupant dialog box.  I've tried to work with units as
> items, though, and found difficulty with setting the
> game up so that a unit could pick up another unit.

I think that is another area that needs some work.

>It
> seems like I have to give Item units ACP and movement,
> which is an annoyance to the AI and player and uglier
> gameplay.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd see what Matthew Skala came up with. He was working on "cow
patties" for a while.

>I'd love an
> item-demo.g and, of course, if Eric throws in static
> improvements, I can rewrite Cast Iron Life, and even
> change the experience system in AWLS so that a unit
> carries an Experience unit that provides bonuses,
> rather than have five different units for each
> experience level.

Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of it this way. I guess you're
saying that you have some interest in some new modifier tables
('occupant-adds-hit-chance', 'occupant-adds-damage',
'occupant-multiplies-hit-chance', etc...)?