Re: time.g weirdness

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:
>
>> Right. I'm looking into this. Even more important, however, is to fix the
>> "map the unknown by clicking in it" exploit, which sneaked back in when we
>> removed Peter's pathfinding.
>
>As I recall, it was also in the early version of Peter's
>pathfinder, and we ended up with all that CMD_EXPLORE and
>PND_UNMAPPED stuff and whatnot as part of the fix. (After he
>hacked over my initial hack, which just assigned unexplored hexes
>a value of 1 or 2.)

Well, the problem in that case was actually the opposite: it was impossible
to move into the unknown because the early version of Peter's pathfinder
always returned false. I think the problems we see now are due to
subsequent changes in the command pre-flight code which were in prompted by
and in part depended on Peter's code. Some of these changes were kept when
the pathfinding was removed.

I have just checked out the November 12 sources. My intention is to try to
restore command processing as closely as possible to how it worked back
then. With no path-finding algorithm, some of these pre-flight checks make
little sense.