Re: time.g weirdness

>It also might be nice if the online help said something a bit more
>than just:
>
>  Needs MP to enter terrain: 99 by default, 1 into sea, shallows, 0 into
>  river.
>  Needs MP to traverse terrain: -1 by default, 2 across river.
>
>although I'm not really sure how to express this best.  I guess the
>"99 by default" could be turned into "cannot enter other terrain" (if
>the help code can figure out that 99 is never possible).  Something
>similar for the "-1 by default".

Heh, that makes me recall the long and at the end almost metaphyscial
discussion I had with Peter Garrone last year about the meaning of the
number "99" :-).

>Although I suppose the real problem here is that the online help
>doesn't know about the user interface, so it can't just say "to travel
>along a river, click ....".  Maybe the user interface could have some
>kind of mouseover (I could threaten to make it a tooltip for Xconq
>Office) when you are on a unit which has a border slide possible.  Or
>something along these lines...
>
>Of course, all this is predicated on making border slides work from
>the user interface in the first place.

Right. I'm looking into this. Even more important, however, is to fix the
"map the unknown by clicking in it" exploit, which sneaked back in when we
removed Peter's pathfinding.