Re: IMFApp Office

Hans Ronne wrote:

This must be a hardware-related issue since I don't see it. Does it also
happen under Windows on the same machine? And do you see it with other
images as well, or just with the non-standard size wreckreation images?

I have not seen this with any other images.
Testing under Windows would not be of much help on my machine, since that OS runs on virtual hardware. Windows XP video is done on a VMware virtual SVGA adapter (and is then presumably sent as a pixmap or something to be put up in a X display), whereas my Linux video is on a GeForce card which is only about 2.5 years old. If this was a hardware issue, I think I would be noticing problems elsewhere....

In fact, the 32x32 view is really 44x48, to accomodate the special big
images. And the 16x16 view is really 24x26. And so on.

I see. It did seem that the display boxes were rather larger than the 32x32 images being displayed in them. Since this is the case, shouldn't the "View" menu display sizes be listed as "44x48", "24x26", etc...?

Well, that is how the Selected as Terrain is supposed to work, i.e. to draw
all units agains the selected image as background. The closeups are not
supposed to be affected. Naturally, it will look strange if you select a
unit image as terrain, but the program does it anyway.

OK. Fair enough. However, the image that I did this with was one of the 44x44 heroes from 'fantasy.imf'. Shouldn't the other images have been aligned precisely over it, since it is terrain-sized?