Re: Weird fuel behavior

>I like the idea of panes on the side, as opposed to the bottom or top.
>Makes the aspect ratio of the main map closer to that of a square.
>Question is, are sides the most comfortable for the human eye?

I doubt that. It was pointed out a long time ago that most computer games
have this stuff in arow at the bottom, just where the instrument panel in a
car is located, and probably for the same reason. I don't think most users
would prefer a square map window, but rather a wider "panoramic" view. This
is after all what we are used to since we live on a surface (the Earth) so
the human brain is probably hard-wired to like it.