Re: Weird fuel behavior

> You have the event log in the saved game file. It looks like this:

Well, sure enough, I saved a game straight after a mine disappeared and
found in the event log:

(evt 5 unit-starved 2 -3 -1)

which is indeed the turn that the mine disappeared.  But I still think
something weird is going on here.  I've never seen a 'supply low' message on
a mine.  I guess it may have come up the turn before the mine disappears,
but the mines themselves often only last 2-3 turns - it's hardly possible to
be constantly checking every mine you make as soon as you make it.  Also, I
have seen mines disappear as one of my fully-supplied ships goes past it.
Finally, it seems strange to me that food should be such a crucial part of
the Modern game, but nowhere in the unit information are you told how much
food any unit has.  (Actually, could this be a bug with the TCL interface -
levels of food are not being displayed, nor warnings of low food supply?
What happens in the Mac interface (which I will check on myself at work)?).

Last couple of things - I've still seen infantry being refuelled when there
were *no* other units or towns nearby.  And (this may be normal - I haven't
played enough to know) I find that some of my towns get completely exhausted
of fuel (usually 1 or 2 towns per game) while the others apparently have
inexhaustible supplies, their fuel level never dropping from full no matter
how many bombers I refuel there.

Robert.