Re: Combat result tracking?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> P.S. I share the view that we should limit our work on the tcltk interface.
> But then I said so already two years ago, and I have hacked the tcltk code
> a lot since then :-).

as long as we poor unix users aren't completely left behind... the tcltk
interface is playable even on my somewhat beefy sparc 20 (4x125mhz) as
long as you're careful with "click-ahead"; it's plenty fast on my ultra2
(2x300mhz).  i can't believe that anyone with a nGhz ppc or x86 box would
have any performance complaints even with the tcltk version, but if sdl is
faster/better/sweeter smelling/easier to build, then i'm all for it.

seems there's been so much going on lately, and so many new features and
bug fixes getting rolled in i haven't done a solaris build in quite some
time.  but i suppose i ought to try out the sdl version and see what state
that's in, if it's buildable on solaris and if there's any feedback to be
given...

-- chris