AI Motivation for non-combat units

I'm in the middle of implementing Carrier Air Wings in
AWLS, and I just wondered, is it worth it?  Once I'm
done, carriers will no longer have an Attack or Fire
Attack, so doesn't this mean the AI won't use them as
a combat unit?  I know it doesn't deal with transports
well, but if I allow for disembarking of Carrier Air
Wings (A somewhat logical event), won't it just bump
into some piece of land somewhere and dump them right
next to a Crack Reinforced Armor Group?

Any hints on how to tag a Carrier so that the AI deals
with it well after it's lost its attack?  Should I
leave it with a minor Attack or Fire Attack?