Re: AI Help

> >Basically, it would be
> > an extension of the side doctrines to cover more
> than just construction run
> > lengths and resupply trigger levels. This is
> something we already discussed
> > on the list, and I am in favour of it. In fact, I
> suggested something very
> > similar for the same reason: that the game
> designer usually has a better
> > idea of what various unit types are best at than
> the AI can ever have using
> > its standardized unit worth functions.
>
> I agree, even if it does take some of the fun out of
> trying to
> design good standardized unit worth functions... :-)
>
> Eric

I agree that the best solution would be AI code that
figured it out based on the game setup but I've
noticed that the AI is leery of building some units.
In some cases won't build them for no discernable
reason, but will build them when you make what seems
to an unrelated change, as an example, in Korea-2006,
the AI refuseed to build Air Wings but, when I gave it
the option of building Air Defense Networks, it
suddenly started building Air Wings just fine (And
won't build ADNs).  I don't get it and I know it's
indicative of some internal procedure that should be
fixed, I'm sure, but a suggestion table would give it
a push in the right direction.

If the table was side-specific, that'd be great, but
if it was AI-specific, that'd be even better.  I'm
pretty happy with mplayer, but if you could have, say,
six mplayers, then you could use the tables to set up
mplayer-1 to be "naval-oriented", mplayer-2 to be
"armor-oriented", mplayer-3 to be "random".  It would
resemble, I suppose, something like this:

(set mplayer-1-name "Standard AI")
(set mplayer-2-name "Naval Oriented")
(table mplayer-2-build-preference
   (destroyer 50)