Re: Just say no to bungee paratroopers.

> Henry J. Cobb wrote:
>> Even with this patch I can still take down any star empire in galaxy2
>> that
>> I can get a loaded transport within 5 hexes of one core planet.
>
> I'm not a galaxy2 player. Are you saying there is a problem with the
> galaxy2 game module or a more general problem with Xconq? And, what
> exactly is it that you don't think is right?
>
> Eric

My patch would help galaxy2 a bit if troopers died in space.

The basic problem is that a loaded transport is almost 100 percent certain
to take any world in time to land itself and avoid counterfire.

It's also nice to take light cruisers, move out four hexes, take one shot
at somebody then launch a fighter that pounds on them (fighters don't have
working ammo limits.)

Then the fighter returns to the cruiser and the cruiser returns to the
planet and the AIs then take their turns without targets.

--
Henry J. Cobb's Completely Unofficial list of GURPS Vehicle Builder fixes
and workarounds.  http://www.io.com/~hcobb/gurps/gvb_faq.txt