Re: xConq alternate combat engine project

Hi,

Ramsey wrote:

3. We are having trouble compiling the program on Redhat Fedora. We are users on the system (don't have root) and our compilation errors match exactly those encountered by Lincoln Peters when he tried to compile it on Debian:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xconq7/2003/msg00966.html
Would the solution be functionally different?

I'll reply to your other ideas later. But, let's try to get you successfully compiling first....

I do not have any problems on Fedora Core 1, and that is my primary development platform.

Not having root should not be a problem. I always compile and install Xconq as a non-root user. I do use a custom installation path (set with the "--prefix" argument to the configure script).

I also have fixed a number of Debian-related issues over the past 8 or 9 months, and I am not sure that the message from Lincoln, which you cited, is releveant any longer.

Could you provide the configure and make output from your unsuccessful build attempt? It would be useful for diagnosing the problem.

  Thanks,