Re: new bug with supply of infantry upon creating

> The new units in the standard game will therefore fill up with ammo as
> expected if you wait until next turn. But this does of course cause a
> delay, which was not intended.

Compounding the problem is the fact that the error messages you get
when you are out of materials are confusing (and there are quite a few
of them, depending on what you are trying to do). Cleaning this up
would also be helpful (quite aside from the newly created unit issue).

One possibility would be try to distinguish cases in which material is
scarce from those in which it is not.  When the town which built the
unit is full on both materials, and in fact just threw out some
materials because it was at capacity, it seems particularly silly to
withhold it.  Although I suppose if I'm creating a unit in a desert
town which is at maybe 200/500 on fuel, I suppose I'd still want to
fill the unit.

One thing I would try to avoid is to fill the unit partway.  I often
only notice it was partway when the aircraft crashes.

> Another fix would be to let the new unit fill up on non-fuel type
> materials only on creation. This would fix the problem with the
> standard game

Actually, it wouldn't be a sufficient fix.  Some units in the standard
game (e.g. infantry) get fuel, but others (e.g. bombers and fighters)
do not.  So the problem seems to exist with both fuel and ammo.

> A third fix would be to fill up new units with materials, and then take
> back any fuel if they have not moved at the start of the next turn. I'll
> look into this possibility. It seems like the best solution.

I guess.  Or maybe change "if they have not moved" to "if they have
explicitly been put to sleep".