Re: Problem saving game in Win TCL, and crash

>Using the latest windows TCL build, I'm having difficulty saving my games.
>I can *usually* save it once (tho' sometimes not even that), but it does
>nothing when I choose "Save" from the menu on subsequent occasions; "Save
>As" brings up a dialog box with a suggested filename, but the save file is
>not created.  The program then does not let me quit, since I haven't saved -
>I end up killing the process, or resigning.

I tested both "Save" and "Save As" under Windows 98 as well as XP, and they
both worked fine. This was with my latest binaries (2004-06-12) from the
Xconq ftp site. There were some problems with saving files earlier, if you are
using obsolete binaries. Also, it is not possible to save under XP if you are
running Xconq from a network volume. But I presume you are not doing that.

>Doing almost *anything* in the Lord of the Rings game causes a lock-up or
>crash (only in Windows; I think it works OK on the Mac, but I don't have it
>here to check).

I saw some problems that may be due to bugs in the build code, hopefully
fixed in the next binaries.

>Finally, I am having difficulty figuring out what the 'attack' command is
>for.  When I select it, the cursor turns into a cross-shape, but turns back
>into a normal arrow pointer when it moves over any enemy unit.  Is this
>normal, and is there a certain way I'm supposed to use this command.

Cursor support is not as good under Windows. On the Mac or Linux, you
would see crossed swords indicating that the unit may be attacked instead
of the generic arrow cursor. But the command should still work, as Eric
explained.