Re: GDL Notice: New Terrain Compatibility Options

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 03:16, Hans Ronne wrote:

> Cool! This will make it easier to generate interesting maps. Tweaking the
> terrain tables so that you get a good map (which does not look like the
> standard or advances game all over again) is one of the hardest parts of
> xconq game design.

I agree. Annoyance with existing limitations is what drove me to write
this "unplanned" set of features. I guess I will now have to shelve my
grand plans for the help system until next weekend....

> P.S. It seems that wreckreation likes to put salt marshes inside forests
> and glaciers adjacent to swamps, which is a little strange, but anything is
> of course possible in a fantasy game :-).

(version "0.37 Devel")
               ^^^^^

It's not even an alpha version yet.
Actually, I did take care of the problems with beaches appearing at the
borders between lakes and glaciers, and freshwater lakes being next to
salt marshes, before checking it in, so give me some credit.... :-)

But, thanks for pointing out the salt marshes in forest issue; I hadn't
considered the absurdity of the situation until you mentioned it.

I think I'll just hack on Wreckreation today, and maybe get it up to
alpha "quality". The help system improvements can wait.