Re: Newest code crashes Tcl/Tk

Hi Brian,

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Brian Dunn wrote:

> Something in the last two days' worth of changes has caused an
>XWindows lock-up.  The last time this happened it was on a Tcl/Tk
>call.  The problem disappeared when some bug fix in the Mac Tcl
>code related to flickering / fast refreshes was fixed.  The
>problem has now reappered for the first time since then, which
>was months ago.  I played many games successfully since then, and
>suddenly it has locked up again.

Can you provide a backtrace of the call stack for us?

Also, does this happen with all games, all the time? And when does
it occur? Is it apparently random, does it happen in conjunction
with a specific action, or does it happen at the beginning of the
game?

> Note that when I recompile XConq on my Linux machine, many
>files in the mac directory are in fact compiled, for some reason.

This seems odd. I don't recall that happening on my machine. Can
you send me your Makefiles from the top-level dir and the tcltk
dir under it?

Thanks for the bug report,