Re: Building for OSX

> >>Is it possible to build the CVS for OSX using only the Apple
> >>Development Tools - i.e., do I need CodeWarrior?
> >>

> >It should be possible. It was Stan who did the basic carbonization of
xconq
> >back in 2002, and I'm almost sure he used the Apple Tools. He even
created
> >a Project Builder folder in the CVS sources, though he never checked
> >anything into it.
> >
> Oh yeah, forgot about it. I guess it'll have to be an Xcode project
> now. And yes, what I got working was with Apple's tools - have to get
> ptomaine poisoning in one's own restaurant and all that. :-)

So the Carbon build available from the webpage is done with .. what?  Sorry
to be dim; I've only recently changed from Linux to Mac OSX, so my only
experience of compilation is configure - make; but when I try this on the
CVS code, it gets hung-up when linking to the tcl libraries.  (Sorry can't
be more specific; I'm away from my Mac).  Are there any tips for getting a
Carbonised app to compile using straightforward configure and make, and gcc
etc?

Robert.