Re: New Game: Wreckreation

>I have added a new game to the Xconq games library. It is called
>"Wreckreation", and can be accessed through the list of incomplete games
>in the GUI's. I originally intended it to be a simple lab for testing
>the new wrecking behavior, but it kinda grew on me. ;-)

Very nice game! Some initial feedback:

After a few turns, the sides waste a lot of time capturing and recapturing
corpses. We should perhaps add AI code that gives wrecked and/or inert
units a lower priority as targets, unless they can be used as bases
(ruins). Might be useful in other games as well.

The map display gets cluttered with all these corpses, and since they are
labelled with side emblems you get the impression (particularly at low
resolution) that a side is stronger than it actually is. Wouldn't it make
more sense to have corpses become independent rather than switch sides (as
opposed to zombies)?

The Good side doesn't seem to be building any new villages or temples,
unlike the Bad guys.

It should perhaps be easier to capture temples, orc-holes etc. Now they are
usually destroyed before they can be captured.

All bases grow in size by 1 each turn. This is rather fast. Not that it
matters since the unit size doesn't seem to be used for anything.