Re: Stability issues with current Debian

Tom Low-Shang wrote:

I applied your patch and have played a standard game to turn 40
without xconq freezing. I never made past turn 20 before so it
looks promising.

Bingo. Thanks for testing.

The variable TCL_THREADS is set to 1. I can send you the file
off list if you still need it.

No need. Thanks for the info; it is as I suspected.

  Best regards,
    Eric

P.S. You (and anyone else who applied the patch) may want to delete the two patched files, tcltk/tkmap.c and tcltk/tkmain.c, before doing a CVS update after I check in the fix. Some CVS clients will detect that the files in your local tree match the CVS ones and are okay with that, but others might get upset (and try performing a merge that is doomed to fail). Just a heads up on what to expect....