Re: Cow patties, and keeping them asleep

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 16:59, mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
> I'm trying to implement my "scarce material" concept as token units that
> can't be destroyed but can be captured and carried around by other
> units.  I want them to be as near as possible to totally inactive markers
> - all they can do is be carried and transferred by other units.  The
> design manual (s. 3.20.1) refers to units like this as "cow patties" and
> suggests that they can be created with acp and acp-min of 0.
>
> Well, that doesn't seem to work, because I don't see a way to load and
> unload them without giving them some ACP.  Loading and unloading appears
> to count as an action and cost ACP, requiring the object to be loaded or
> unloaded to have some ACP.

I seem to remember that you can load a unit that has no ACP.  However,
the transport must expend 2 ACP in order to pick it up without any
action on the part of the would-be occupant.  See cave.g and cave2.g for
examples of this.

Unfortunately, there is no AI support for this, so unless you play
against another human, this game is going to be *really* one-sided.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

  Some bachelors want a meaningful overnight relationship.