Re: Path finding

>> Another thing is that the standard game doesn't make or use
>>transports.  Try setting up a standard game between a few
>>computer players and watch what they do for a few turns.
>
>I believe this has something to do with Hans fiddling with
>roll_dice or some such call. It was part of a hack to get rid of
>some of the sync errors that the pathfinding created.

No, my hack had nothing to do with transportation. It just eliminated a
flip_coin call where xconq would chose randomly between two equally good
move directions. By making the code more deterministic, I was able to fix
some (but not all) of the sync errors.

The real reason why transportation does not work any more is simply that it
is not supported i the current version of the path-finding code. Peter was
working on a version that did, but he never finished the job.