Re: newbie question

Hi Tom,

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Tom Schaub wrote:

> When I tried this with the Mac OSX Xconq, I got a message that I didn't
> have proper permissions. When I tried again "sudo" nothing happened at
> all.

I don't have that much experience with 'sudo', since I believe in
keeping root-like and user-like activities as separate as
possible. But, I was under the impression (from the few
experiences that I have had with it), that the 'sudoers' file
matched users to specific commands that could be run with root
privileges. Maybe your 'sudo' allows a wildcard for the command
spec (which rather defeats system security).... If it
doesn't, then perhaps you need to add an entry to the
'sudoers' file that has your user ID and the Xconq command. Just
a thought....

Also, did Xconq.Warnings (or whatever the file is named on the
Mac) tell you anything useful?