Implementing cxp-on-completion?

Has there been any thought to making it possible for a unit to have a
certain number of cXP when it is built?  I'm trying to write a game
module that uses cXP and change-type quite extensively, but the
inability to make newly-created units have a certain number of cXP has
been a bit of a nuisance.

Specifically, I would use this for a city (or military-industrial
complex) that is large enough and powerful enough to train armies to
levels higher than 1st level (I have military units ranging across 20
levels in this game).  For example, a Level 1 knight needs 300 cXP to
change-type into a Level 2 knight (and it does not lose those cXP when
it does the change-type), but a newly-created Level 2 knight has 0 cXP!

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>