Re: New version of bolodd2.g that supports change-type

Hi Lincoln,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> I couldn't find any way to make change-type actions dependent on tech
> points (and I think that advances would be overkill for this game), so I
> made the change-type actions for bases 100% dependent on size.  This

Hmm... I haven't looked at Bolodd in awhile, but I assume you
are treating tech points as a material. I am certain that I
tested the 'material-to-change-type' and that it worked. What
seems to be going wrong?

> However, when an engineer decides to build a base, it can ONLY build a
> Level 1 base (the base must grow from there to reach higher levels).

Sounds exactly like what I am doing in my rewrite of Bellum.

> It would still benefit from *lots* more testing and debugging, but I
> don't have the time right now.

I think it is an interesting concept, and will certainly test it
once I get done rewriting Bellum. Or, maybe I'll play your game a
couple of times and that will remotivate me to work on Xconq stuff
again, as I have been brushing it off the past few weekends....