SDL tutorials?

Eric McDonald mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Wed Nov 17 04:48:00 GMT 2004

Lincoln Peters wrote:
> I've been trying to learn SDL so that I can pitch in on the SDL
> interface, but every SDL tutorial I've found on the Internet fails to
> compile on my computer.  And I'm fairly sure that the problem isn't my
> computer, because I have no difficulty compiling Xconq with the SDL
> interface, and I can't quite figure out why.
>
> Any recommended websites or other sources for learning SDL?

The source code of various programs can be instructive. For example, if
you download the ParaGUI tarball, there are sources for the test
programs in the 'test' directory. Most of these are simple little apps,
but can give you a good feel for ParaGUI. I am sure that you can
probably find similar examples for pure SDL; I would try the sources of
some of the programs here:
   http://www.libsdl.org/games.php

Also, what sort of troubles are you having wrt compiling the tutorials?

Eric